Applied Optoelectronics Announces 100 Gbps Optical Engine
The new optical engine combines four AOI laser diodes, a receiver array, an optical fiber array and the associated drive electronics into a single optical subassembly that is the major building block required for assembly of a 100 Gbps parallel single-mode (PSM4) transceiver. These transceivers are designed to address the growing market demand for 100G optics and are expected to be used in next generation datacenter interconnects to facilitate higher data throughput between servers and switches.
"Given our established leadership and expertise in manufacturing advanced optics, coupled with our history of innovation in highly integrated optical modules, AOI is at the forefront in developing leading edge light engines that enable the market transition to 100G speeds," commented Dr.
The light engine features:
- 25 Gbps laser diodes manufactured in AOI's state-of-the-art MBE fab in
- High reliability non-hermetic design for cost efficiency
- Integrated laser diode drivers and trans-impedance amplifiers
- Proprietary housing design for improved heat dissipation
- Both MSA-compatible and fiber-pigtail versions available
The light engines are available now in sample quantities with volume production expected this year. For detailed specifications and drawings, please contact your AOI sales engineer, or email@example.com.
CONTACT: Media Enquiries:
Willis Chen281-295-1807 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media